“Engaging our residents, businesses and visitors to create a vibrant and safe community through innovation, continuous improvement and our commitment to excellence” is the mission of Colerain Township.
As I reflect on 2015, we continue our journey of excellence in serving our community in an efficient, accountable and transparent manner. Below is a list of highlights from 2015:
- Finalized the sale of properties along Jonrose Avenue to CMHA for purposes of a senior housing development.
- Continued our partnership with the Colerain Chamber of Commerce and Colerain Community Improvement Corporation in an effort to promote economic development throughout Colerain Township.
- Finalized a partnership with Kroger and Northwest School District for the construction of a $12.5 million Kroger Marketplace on Springdale Road.
- Completion of the underground utility project at Colerain and Springdale.
- Installed decorative fencing at the 275 Gateway to enhance our public image.
- Promoted our transparency efforts by participating in Ohio Checkbook.
- Facilitated and awarded a bid for residential waste and recycling services to lower cost for residents and increase recycling efforts in the community.
- Colerain Township was recognized as a 2015 Healthiest Employer Finalist for the 2nd year in a row as we continue our efforts to promote employee wellness.
- Celebrated the retirement of G. Bruce Smith, Fire Chief and honored him with the naming of station 109 as the “G. Bruce Smith Fire Station.”
Looking ahead to 2016, we will continue our focus on the strategic initiatives that are the driving force behind our actions of “Delivering Excellence to a Best in Class Community.”
- Seek dedicated funding sources for our roads and parks.
- Continue to identity programs to address the heroine epidemic.
- Continued focus on community revitalization in both the residential and business corridors.
- Increase efforts to address property maintenance, nuisance and zoning violations.
- Continue our focus on budget stability and the 2022 financial plan.
In closing, I would like to quote Harriet Tubman, “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions or concerns relating to Colerain Township.
Dan Meloy, Township Administrator