- How many parks does Colerain Township have? Colerain Township has 10 parks for residents to enjoy. In addition to the 10 parks, we maintain 11 historical cemeteries, 7 public buildings and various other properties in Colerain Township.
- Where is the Parks Office? The Parks & Services Office is located in the Administration Complex at 4200 Springdale Road.
- What are the Office Hours? The office is open Monday-Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
- When are your parks open? All Township parks are open year-round from dawn to dusk.
- Do you have outdoor picnic shelters that I can rent for a picnic? Yes. Colerain Township has a total of 9 shelters at 4 parks available to rent.
- Where do I go to rent a shelter? Shelters are reserved at the Parks & Services Office at 4200 Springdale Road during office hours, Monday-Friday 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- What is the cost of renting a shelter? The cost is $135 for residents of Colerain Township and $225 for non-residents.
- Can I reserve the shelter over the phone and pay with a credit card? All rentals must be done in person at the Parks Office. We do accept credit cards with a 3% processing fee added on to your fee.
- Do you have to be a resident to rent a shelter? No, you do not have to be a resident.
- What parks have shelters? Colerain Park has 4 shelters; Clippard Park has 3 shelters; Heritage Park and Groesbeck Park each have one shelter available to rent. Obergiesing Soccer Complex at Dravo Park has a shelter that is available on a first come, first served basis.
- What amenities come with my shelter? All shelters come with picnic tables and a charcoal grill. All of the shelters at Colerain Park, Clippard Park and Heritage Park have electricity. Amenities near each shelter, such as corn hole, volleyball courts, etc, are open to the general public.
- Can I decorate the shelter? No staples, duct tape, nails, or adhesives that will leave permanent residue or damage may be used to attach any items to the shelters or picnic tables. Tape may be used, however, all tape must be removed at the end of the applicant’s rental period.
- Do I need an alcohol permit to serve beer at my picnic? No. Alcohol consumption is permitted in the shelter area only. Alcohol is not permitted in the park except in the reserved areas. No glass containers are allowed.
- Can I have a bounce house at my picnic? No.
- Do you have fields available to rent? Yes. Colerain Township has 12 baseball fields and two soccer complexes available to rent.
- How much do they cost? Dirt infield baseball fields are $250/field per season, grass infield baseball fields are $275/field per season and soccer fields are $125/field per season for select and $100/field per season for recreational teams.
- Who do I contact to rent fields at a Colerain Township park? Please contact Tawanna Molter at 513.385.7503 ext. 53104.
- What do you provide teams who rent fields? The Township will provide home plate, maintenance of fields, dragging of fields, and complex and facility operations. The Township does not provide field striping. The Township does not provide bases for Colerain Park, Clippard Park or Groesbeck Park but will provide bases for Heritage Park. We do not provide soccer goals or nets.
- I have rented a baseball field for my team, where do I call to find out if the fields are closed? Call the hotline number at 513.385.1956 to find out field information.
- I have rented a shelter, can my family use a field to play softball during our picnic? Outside of the spring baseball season which runs through July 31, groups may do individual rentals of the baseball fields for $50 for 3 hours.
- I want to sign my child up to play sports. Does Colerain Township run sports leagues of its own? No. However, we rent our fields to the following organizations:
- I heard you have a sprayground. Where is it located? The spraypark is located at Clippard Park, 3514 Bevis Lane.
- When does it open for the season? The spraypark is open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend each year.
- When is it open daily? The spraypark is open 7 days a week from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Does it cost? No. There is no cost for the spraypark.
- My child cannot swim, will she/he still be able to enjoy the sprayground? Yes. The spraypark does not have standing water, so people of all ages and abilities can enjoy the water!
- Can I take my daycare class to the sprayground? The sprayground itself is not reservable and remains open to the general public during all hours of operation. Groups of 10 or more should limit their playtime to 30 minutes. The sprayground capacity is 100. Daycares do have the option of reserving the shelters at Clippard Park adjacent to the sprayground.
- Does Colerain Township have a skatepark? Yes. The skatepark is located at Clippard Park, 3514 Bevis Lane. The skatepark has a 10′ bowl with pool coping, a 4′ bowl with a ledge, a spine and death box, and street features including a staircase, ramp, railings and much more!
- When is the skatepark open? The skatepark is open 365 days a year from dawn to dusk.
- Do you charge to use the skatepark? No. There is no cost for the skatepark.
- Are BMX bikes welcome at the skatepark? Yes, BMX bikes are welcome but pegs must be removed.
- Are helmets required? Colerain Township recommends the use of safety/protective equipment while using the skatepark.
- Does Colerain Township have any walking trails? Yes! There are a total of 7 trails owned and maintained by Colerain Township.
- Where are the trails located? The trails are located at 6 different Township parks and 2 community centers: Colerain Park, 4725 Springdale Road; Clippard Park, 3514 Bevis Lane; Heritage Park, 11405 East Miami River Road; Wert Park, 3460 W. Galbraith Road; Drew Campbell Memorial Commons, 4160 Springdale Road; Colerain Township Senior & Community Center, 4300 Springdale Road; and one trail looping Skyline Park and former site of the Skyline Community Center, 8400 Pippin Road.
- How long are they?
- Colerain Park – 1 mile, including the paved football field track
- Clippard Park – ½ mile paved, ¼ mile natural
- Heritage Park – 1.2 miles paved
- Wert Park – ¼ mile natural trail
- Drew Campbell Memorial Commons (connects to Stone Creek) – ½ mile out and back trail
- Colerain Township Community Center – less than ¾ mile paved
- Skyline Park & Community Center – 1/8 mile paved
- Do you have any natural trails? Yes. The entire trail at Wert Park is a natural trail winding through beautiful woods with tree identification signs along the path. The trail at Heritage Park has two natural sections winding through the woods and the trail at Clippard Park has a section of natural trail that loops off of the main trail.
- Are bikes, skateboards, rollerblades, and/or roller skates allowed on park walking trails? Skateboards, roller blades, skates, bicycles or other objects with wheels are permitted on paths so long as they do not interfere with pedestrian traffic.
- Do any of your parks offer river access to the Great Miami River? Two Township parks offer paved canoe/kayak access ramps to the Great Miami River: Heritage Park and Obergiesing Soccer Complex at Dravo Park.
- Is there any cost involved in using your canoe ramps? No. There is no charge for using the canoe ramps.
- Do you rent canoes or kayaks? Colerain Township does not rent canoes, kayaks or other equipment.
- Can I use your canoe ramps to put my motorized boat in the Great Miami River when the water is up and deep enough? No. The ramps were made large enough to accommodate boat trailers for the Coleriain Township Department of Fire & EMS for fast water rescue, but the ramps are not open for use by the general public.
- What major events does Colerain Township host each year? The Colerain Entertainment Committee, Inc. hosts the Taste of Colerain every August.
- I have seen your beautiful outdoor theater at Colerain Park. Do you have any events there? Yes! We host live entertainment every Friday night in June, July & August including concerts, family movies thanks to our very generous sponsors!
- Can I rent the amphitheater? The amphitheater is available to rent in five hour increments for $300 for residents and $375 for non-residents.
- Where can I recycle in Colerain Township? There are several locations residents can recycle in Colerain Township. Residents can recycle paper, glass and plastic at the community recycling bins along Heritage Way behind the Senior & Community Center and at Pleasant Run Middle School.
- When is your annual Recycle Day? We have a recycle day once a year in late September.
- Does Colerain Township have raingardens or pervious parking in any of its parks? Yes. We have a raingarden and pervious parking at Heritage Park and we have a raingarden at Colerain Park.
- My child has a school project involving leaf collection and identification. Are the trees labeled at any of your parks? Yes. The natural trail at Wert Park has several varieties of trees labeled.
- I love gardening, but I just moved into a condo. Do you have any community space where I can still plant flowers and vegetables? Colerain Township has community garden boxes at Wert Park available to rent for $25 per plot per season.
- My relative just passed away. Do you have any opportunities for memorials in your parks? The Colerain Township Parks Legacy Tree & Bench Program is a great way to celebrate the lives of loved ones or to celebrate memorable or special occasions in your life by planting a tree or installing a bench. Some of the events include, but are not limited to: memorials, weddings, anniversaries, births, graduations, retirement or recognition of friends/associates.
- How much does a memorial tree or bench cost? Each memorial tree costs $600. Benches are $1,300 each.
- Who do I call if I am interested? For additional information, call Tawanna Molter at 513.385.7503.
- Are your parks accessible? Yes. Colerain Township maintains a policy of providing opportunities for all park visitors to enjoy its facilities and programs. Through concentrated efforts to upgrade existing sites and develop new areas, the Parks Department’s goal is to have the majority of facilities accessible to park users. The Parks Department will make reasonable effort, with at least one week advance notice, to provide reasonable accommodations so that people with disabilities may participate in Park events and programs.
- Do you have any play structures that my special needs child can enjoy alongside other children? Yes. Thanks to a grant from CVS and Boundless Playgrounds, the Clippard Park has a beautiful 10,000 square foot, fully accessible playground for people of all abilities that features a poured rubber surface for easy maneuvering. The playground has ADA wide ramps, a variety of play equipment, swings with zero-G seats, tot seats and open seats, many climbing features, music play area, a sandlot with one accessible backhoe. In addition to the Boundless playground at Clippard Park, we have zero-G swings at Wert Family Park and Clippard Park.
- I am in a wheelchair, do you have any play structures where I can easily play together with my child? Yes – the playground at Clippard Park has ADA wide ramps!
- I have rented a shelter at one of your parks for a family picnic. I have invited several family members who are in wheelchairs. Are the shelters accessible? The shelters at Colerain, Clippard and Heritage Parks are all accessible with paved sidewalks leading from the parking lots to the shelter areas and each shelter at these parks has at least one wheelchair accessible picnic table.
- Are your parks open year round? The parks are opened 365 days a year. Heritage Park, along the Great Miami River, occasionally experiences closures when the river floods and the banks overflow into the park.
- Do you provide snow removal along the walking trails in the winter? No. We do not provide snow removal along the walking trails.
- Are the restroom facilities open year-round? The restroom facilities are open April 1 through November 1 of each year. Because our restroom facilities are not climate controlled, we hire a plumber to winterize the restrooms so that the pipes do not burst.
- Can I fish at Heritage Park or at Obergiesing Soccer Complex at Dravo Park? The Parks & Services Department does not prohibit fishing on Township property as long as citizens follow all Ohio Department of Natural Resources Division of Wildlife rules & regulations and possess a valid fishing license.
- Do you have a dog park at any of your parks? Colerain Township’s parks are dog-friendly but we do not have a dedicated dog park where dogs are free to run without being on a leash. All pets must remain on a leash (maximum six feet in length), kept under physical control at all times, and not be a nuisance or a danger to other park users. Pet owners are required to remove their pet’s fecal deposits from the park grounds and place their waste in a suitable receptacle. No pets are permitted in play equipment areas or on baseball fields. Colerain & Clippard Parks have dog watering stations along the walking trails. Most parks have mutt-mitt stations to use to pick up pet waste.
- Do you have a comment or concern not covered in this FAQ? Please call the Parks & Services Office Monday-Friday between 7:30 AM and 4:00 PM at 513.385.7503.