The Colerain Township Parks Legacy Tree & Bench Program is a great way to celebrate memorable or special occasions in your life.
The Legacy Tree & Bench Program is designed for those persons or organizations desiring to commemorate a particular event by planting a tree or installing a bench. Some of the events include, but are not limited to: memorials, weddings, anniversaries, births, graduations, retirement or recognition of friends/associates.
The cost of the tree is $600.00 and the cost of the bench is $1,300. The cost includes a small plaque that will be placed by the tree or on the bench.
All trees will be cared for the Parks & Services Department and come with a one year guarantee. Our staff arborist will work with you on tree selection and placement. Suggested trees include:
- Acer rubrum – Red Maple
- Amelanchier laevis – Serviceberry
- Cladrastis lutea – Yellowwood
- Cornus kousa chinensis – Chinese Dogwood
- Cornus mas – Cornelian Cherry
- Crataegus virdis – Winter King Hawthorn
- Koelreuteria paniculata – Golden Rain Tree
- Liquidambar styraciflua – American Sweet Gum
- Liriodendron tulipfera – Tulip Tree
- Nyssa sylvatica – Black Tupelo
- Picea abies – Norway Spruce
- Pinus strobus – White Pine
- Quercus rubra – Red Oak
- Sophora japonica – Pagoda Tree
To view pictures and get a full description of each suggested tree, please click here: Link
To help ensure the health and success of the trees, all trees will be planted during the spring and fall.
To participate in the Legacy Tree & Bench Program, contact Thomas Bosarge, Arborist, Colerain Township Parks & Services at 513.385.7503 or email