In August and September 2015, Colerain, Ross and Springfield townships voted to approve Rumpke as the official waste and recycling service provider for township residents. Rumpke service for residents in all three townships will begin April 1, 2016. Watch your mailbox for additional details from Rumpke and the townships. Please click here for contract FAQ’s.
Colerain Township offers residents several additional opportunities to recycle!
- Effective April 1, 2016, recycling dumpsters are available behind our fire houses for those residents not participating in our residential recycling program.
- Pleasant Run Middle School, 11770 Pippin Road, has recycle dumpsters available for paper, plastic and glass! The dumpsters will be open year round, 24 hours a day.
Recycle Day – September 24, 2016; 8 AM – 2 PM at 4200 & 4300 Springdale Road*
- Drop-off sites will be located at 4200 and 4300 Springdale Road on the grounds of the Government Complex and Community Center.
- Dumpsters will be available for residents to dispose of unwanted household items. Personnel will be available to aid residents who need assistance. Please drive slowly and use caution while entering these areas and safely unload your vehicles. Persons dumping at anytime other than designated for this event will be subject to enforcement of the litter control laws for the State of Ohio.
- All participants must be residents of Colerain Township and provide proof of residency at the designated check point.
- If you have questions about Recycle Day, please call the Township at 513.385.7500.
*date and time subject to change.
We will accept:
- Motor oil – Cardboard – Paper – Automotive & Household Batteries
- Up to 4 automotive tires can be disposed of free. There will be a $2.00 per tire fee for each additional tire. There will be a fee of $6.00 per truck tire and $15.00 per tractor tire disposed of.
- metals, aluminum, brass & copper
- computers & electronics – TV’s and computer monitors for a per unit fee: $10 CRT monitors; $20 CRT/LCD TV’s; $30 console TV’s; $40 rear projection TV’s
- Lawn mowers
- tree limbs & brush
- Doors – Mattresses – Household appliances
- Washers, Dryers, Stoves, Furniture, junk that has accumulated around the house
- We will accept all Freon items such as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners and dehumidifiers, with a $15.00 per unit fee for Freon removal.
We do not accept the following:
- Paint (oil, latex or aluminum) – Solvents & Varnishes – Putty & Adhesives
- Florescent Bulbs – Fertilizers – Pesticides – Poisons – Household Hazardous Cleaners
- Aerosols – Explosives – Drugs* – Medical Waste – Propane Tanks – Pressurized Cylinders
- Asbestos – Flares – Radioactive Materials – Ammunition – Smoke Detectors – Fire Extinguishers
- Auto Parts -Automotive Fluids other than oil – Oil Filters – Antifreeze
- Plastic grocery bags – many area stores will accept plastic bags to recycle
- Business or Commercial Waste – Regular Household Trash
Although we are accepting tree limbs and brush, we will not accept leaves or grass. These items can be recycled at Rumpke Sanitary Landfill on Saturdays & Sundays from 11:30 AM – 5:00 PM through November of each year. Call Hamilton County Recycling & Solid Waste Hotline at 513.946.7766 for more information or visit www.hamiltoncountyrecycles.org .
*The Colerain Township Police Department has a prescription drug disposal drop box located in their lobby at 4200 Springdale Road. Please Call 513.321.COPS for additional information.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program
Hamilton County Recycling and Solid Waste District has information to help residents of Hamilton County dispose of their Household Hazardous Waste. For more information, click here.
Questions? Call 513.946.7734 or contact Susan Schumacher at firstname.lastname@example.org
Latex Paint Disposal
Latex paint is not hazardous and can be safely thrown away with your regular trash once it is solid. Simply leave the lid off and mix in sand, sawdust, or kitty litter to speed up the process. Once it is solid, place the can next to your trash with the lid off so your waste hauler can see that it is dry.