Colerain Residents can upgrade their small 18 gallon curbside recycling bins to 65 gallon recycling carts at no additional cost! Click here for complete information.
Colerain Township offers residents several opportunities to recycle!
- Recycle Dumpsters for paper, plastic and glass are located behind the Community Center, 4300 Springdale Road. Dumpsters are open year round, 24 hours a day
- Pleasant Run Middle School, 11770 Pippin Road, has recycle dumpsters available for paper, plastic and glass! The dumpsters will be open year round, 24 hours a day.
- Paper recycle dumpsters that were located at the Parks & Services Garage, 4725 Springdale Road; and at Groesbeck Park, 8296 Clara Avenue have closed. The dumpsters were provided by Abitibi, free of charge, and the Township was paid for every ton of paper recycled. Abitibi has gone out of business so residents are asked to use the mixed recycling behind the Senior Center.
Recycle Day – September 26, 2015; 8 AM – 2 PM at 4200 & 4300 Springdale Road*
- Drop-off sites will be located at 4200 and 4300 Springdale Road on the grounds of the Government Complex and Community Center.
- Dumpsters will be available for residents to dispose of unwanted household items. Personnel will be available to aid residents who need assistance. Please drive slowly and use caution while entering these areas and safely unload your vehicles. Persons dumping at anytime other than designated for this event will be subject to enforcement of the litter control laws for the State of Ohio.
- All participants must be residents of Colerain Township and provide proof of residency at the designated check point.
- If you have questions about Recycle Day, please call the Township at 513.385.7500.
*date and time subject to change.
We will accept:
- Motor oil - Cardboard - Paper – Automotive & Household Batteries
- Up to 4 automotive tires can be disposed of free. There will be a $2.00 per tire fee for each additional tire. There will be a fee of $6.00 per truck tire and $15.00 per tractor tire disposed of.
- metals, aluminum, brass & copper
- computers - Lawn mowers
- tree limbs & brush
- Doors - TV’s - Mattresses - Household appliances
- Washers, Dryers, Stoves, Furniture, junk that has accumulated around the house
- We will accept all Freon items such as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners and dehumidifiers, with a $15.00 per unit fee for Freon removal.
We do not accept the following:
- Paint (oil, latex or aluminum) - Solvents & Varnishes - Putty & Adhesives
- Florescent Bulbs - Fertilizers - Pesticides - Poisons - Household Hazardous Cleaners
- Aerosols - Explosives - Drugs* - Medical Waste - Propane Tanks - Pressurized Cylinders
- Asbestos - Flares - Radioactive Materials - Ammunition - Smoke Detectors - Fire Extinguishers
- Auto Parts -Automotive Fluids other than oil - Oil Filters - Antifreeze
- Plastic grocery bags – Wal-Mart and bigg’s locations will accept plastic bags to recycle
- Business or Commercial Waste - Regular Household Trash
Although we are accepting tree limbs and brush, we will not accept leaves or grass. These items can be recycled at Rumpke Sanitary Landfill on Saturdays & Sundays from 11:30 AM – 5:00 PM through November 24, 2013. Call Hamilton County Environmental Services Yard Waste Hotline at 513.946.7766 for more information.
*The Colerain Township Police Department has a prescription drug disposal drop box located in their lobby at 4200 Springdale Road. Please Call 513.321.COPS for additional information.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program
Hamilton County Environmental Services runs a program each year for residents of Hamilton County to dispose of Household Hazardous Waste. For more information about the program, click here.
This program is free and for Hamilton County Residents only! Residents must show proof of Hamilton County residency when dropping off hazardous waste.
Questions? Call 513.946.7734 or contact Susan Schumacher at firstname.lastname@example.org
Latex Paint Disposal
Latex paint is not hazardous and can be safely thrown away with your regular trash once it is solid. Simply leave the lid off and mix in sand, sawdust, or kitty litter to speed up the process. Once it is solid, place the can next to your trash with the lid off so your waste hauler can see that it is dry.