Zoning Permits

If you have any questions, please email P&Z@colerain.org.

A Zoning Permit is required for the following:

  • New construction or structural alteration of any building or structure, fences, swimming pools, and accessory buildings such as sheds, garages, etc.
  • Change in use of an existing building, accessory building, lot, or portion thereof, to a use of a different classification, excluding changing to any agricultural use.
  • Occupancy and use of vacant land excluding agricultural land.
  • Change in the use of land to a use of a different classification.
  • Any change in the use of a nonconforming structure.

To apply online:

Online Permit Application:

Fillable Zoning Certificate Application: 

Other Online Documents: