Vacant Building Maintenance License
The owner or person in control of any structure or building located in Colerain Township must apply to the Colerain Township Planning & Zoning Department for a Vacant Building Maintenance License in accordance to the Colerain Township Vacant Building Maintenance License Resolution #6-16.
- 4.1 Vacant property shall be maintained free of all outward appearances of foreclosure and vacancy during the registration period including:
- 4.1.1 No signs or placards on the exterior of the building or in the windows indicating that the property is vacant.
- 4.1.2 Grass shall be no higher than 10 inches at any time and all noxious weeds shall be removed.
- 4.1.3 The premises shall be maintained free of debris and litter.
- 4.1.4 The premises shall remain secure and locked. Broken windows and doors which are visible from the right-of-way may be covered with plywood or similar boarding material on an emergency basis, but for no more than ten (10) business days, while arrangements are being made to replace broken glass or broken parts of the existing windows and doors. Broken windows and doors on the rear or sides of the building may be boarded until the windows and doors are repaired for re-occupancy provided that the boarded openings are not visible from public right-of-way
- 4.1.5 Windows and doors which are visible from the right-of-way may not be boarded and shall be maintained in good repair.
- 4.1.6 Handbills, circulars, and advertisements shall be removed from porches and yards in a timely manner.
- 4.1.7 Standing water on the premises, including but not limited to standing water in swimming pools, shall be eliminated.
- 4.2 The maintenance requirements and penalties in this Resolution related to vacant properties are in addition to, and shall not be considered in conflict with, any and all other property maintenance requirements of Colerain Township. Nothing within this chapter shall be construed to limit the responsibilities of persons in control to comply with and adhere to any and all building, housing, health, and zoning resolutions established by the Township or Hamilton County.
- Nothing within this Resolution shall be construed to limit or conflict with the responsibilities of persons in control to comply with and adhere to any and all state and federal laws.
- 4.3 A building or structure shall be deemed adequately protected from intrusion by trespassers and from deterioration by weather if:
- 4.3.1 The building is inspected by the Colerain Township Police Department, Zoning Department, or the Fire Department for compliance with the Zoning Resolution and Property Maintenance Code.
- 4.3.2 The building is not found to be unsafe or unsecure.
- 4.3.3 That the building has not been condemned by the Hamilton County Board of Health or the Hamilton County Building Department.
Please review the Vacant Building Maintenance License Resolution for requirements not included in this bulletin.