Dear Colerain Residents and Businesses,
Colerain Township’s Electric Aggregation Program is available to all eligible residential and small commercial customers within the Township. Since 2012, Colerain Township has partnered with Dynegy Energy Services (formerly Duke Energy Retail) to implement a very successful electric aggregation program that offered a favorable price and terms for electricity supply for Township residences and businesses.
The electric aggregation rate as of May 2020 is fixed at 4.99 cent rate through May 2023 meter read date. This rate is well below the average Duke Energy Ohio regulated average rate of 6.31 cents per kWh. Residents also have the option to select energy from a 100% renewable source at a rate of 5.09 cents / kWh.
These are the plan’s highlights:
- Fixed Electricity Price of 4.99 cents per kWh through your May 2023 meter reading.
- Provides security against electricity price fluctuations.
- One energy bill from Duke Energy, your local utility.
- Electricity price will never change for the term of this offer.
- Duke Energy will continue to maintain the electric lines and respond to emergencies.
- You can exit the program without cost at any time during the aggregation term.
If you have any questions regarding the Colerain Township Electric Aggregation program, please contact Energy Alliances, by calling 513-794-5555.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please view this document for answers to several frequently asked questions related to the aggregation program.
Door to Door Aggregation
Vendors may not conduct door to door solicitation in Colerain Township without a permit from the Police Department. If someone knocks on your door and tries to get you to switch into their aggregation program, you should call Colerain Police at 321-COPS. Also, do not show these individuals your existing account information as that is all that they need to switch you onto their plans.
This information is as of May 1, 2020.