Interested in gardening, but don’t have the space at home? Does your yard not get enough sunlight to grow beautiful tomato plants? Do you enjoy condo living but crave having a garden to grow your own flowers and vegetables?
Join Our Community Garden
The Park has 21 raised garden beds available to rent for $25 each. Download an application and plot map (PDF), or get an application at the Parks and Services Office (4160 Springdale Road), Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Spaces are subject to availability and plots are assigned on a first come, first served basis. If you have additional questions, please call the Parks Office at 513-385-7503.
- Each gardener is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of his or her garden plot. Watering, weeding, harvesting, and any other garden-related maintenance are all the responsibility of the gardener. Gardeners may arrange for other gardeners to water their plots. Access to water will be available. See the Parks Office for details.
- A limited number of hoses will be available for use by gardeners.
- Children are welcome in the garden but must be accompanied by an adult and must be supervised at all times.
- Each gardener must complete a Release of all Claims form before any work in the garden can begin.
- Garden plots should be cared for at least once a week. It is the gardener’s responsibility to notify the Parks Department if he or she is not able to care for their plot in any given week. If any plot remains unattended for more than three weeks, that plot is subject to reassignment.
- The application of herbicides (weed killers) to the garden plots is prohibited.
- Preference for this year’s plots will be given to last year’s participants first. Previous gardeners have until April 15 to claim the same plot(s) they had last year. After April 15, assignments will be available on a first come, first served basis.
- Plot fees are $25 for each plot and are due in full at the time of application.
- Gardeners may harvest vegetables and flowers from their garden only.
- At the end of the growing season, gardeners are responsible for clearing their plot of all plant material and leaving the plot as they found it in the spring.
- The park is closed from dusk until dawn. The Park must be vacated by dark.
- The Board of Trustees shall have the authority to modify garden rules as needed and they shall have the authority to waive or modify any fees associated with the use of the community gardens.