Interested in gardening, but don’t have the space at home? Does your yard not get enough sunlight to grow beautiful tomato plants? Do you enjoy condo living but crave having a garden to grow your own flowers and vegetables?
If so, the Community Garden at Wert Family Park (3460 W Galbraith Road) is the place for you!
Join Our Community Garden
The Park has 21 raised garden beds available to rent for $25 each.
Spaces are subject to availability and plots are assigned on a first come, first served basis. If you have additional questions, please call the Parks Office at 513-385-7503.
- Each gardener is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of their garden plot. Watering, weeding, harvesting, and any other garden-related maintenance are all the responsibility of the gardener.
- Gardeners may arrange for other gardeners to water their plots. Access to water will be available at the park from April 1st through October 31st. Upon payment of their plot(s), gardeners will be given the combination to the lock on the water so that you have access to water at your convenience. Please ensure that the lock is replaced on the water when you are done.
- A limited number of hoses will be available for use by gardeners.
- Children are welcome in the garden but must be accompanied by an adult and must be supervised at all times.
- Garden plots should be cared for at least once a week. It is the gardener’s responsibility to notify the Parks Department if he or she is not able to care for their plot in any given week. If any plot remains unattended for more than three weeks, that plot is subject to reassignment.
- The application of herbicides (weed killers) to the garden plots is prohibited.
- Preference for this year’s plots will be given to last year’s participants first. Previous gardeners have until April 15 to claim the same plot(s) they had last year. After April 15, assignments will be available on a first come, first served basis.
- Plot fees are $25 for each plot and are due in full at the time of application and before any work can begin.
- Gardeners may harvest vegetables and flowers from their garden only.
- At the end of the growing season, gardeners are responsible for clearing their plot of all plant material and leaving the plot as they found it in the spring. All beds should be cleaned out by November 1st. Contact the Park's Office to arrange for additional time.
- The park is closed from dusk until dawn. The Park must be vacated by dark.
- The Board of Trustees shall have the authority to modify garden rules as needed and they shall have the authority to waive or modify any fees associated with the use of the community gardens.