Road Improvements & Projects
Work crews are busy installing the first batch of Veteran's Banners along Springdale Road and Colerain Avenue. A total of 47 banners will be on display along the roadway at the heart of the Township until the beginning of December, to honor and give thanks to all of those who served our Great Nation!
Click on the link below to view a complete list of those who will be honored in 2020 and 2021. List of Veterans
2020 Road Repavement Program information
During the summer months of 2020, the following streets are set to be repaved by the Township (through our contractor, R.A. Miller Co.):
- Axminster Dr.* (Sagemeadow to Thimbleglen)
- Azmiuth Ct (Sagemeadow to cul-de-sac)
- Duet Ln (Blue Rock Rd to cul-de-sac)
- Fernhaven Ct (cul-de-sac to cul-de-sac)
- Floral Run Ct (Duet to cul-de-sac)
- Haskell Dr* (cul-de-sac to cul-de-sac)
- Highgrove Ct* (Memory to cul-de-sac)
- Houston Rd (2804 Houston to Swissvale)
- Narrowsburg Dr* (Gravenhurst to Bracebridge)
- Wilcox Dr (Brockton to End)
Concrete Joint Repair
- Axminster Dr (Sagemeadow to Thimbleglen)
- Duet Ln (6401 Duet to Blue Rock)
- Haskell Dr (cul-de-sac to cul-de-sac)
- Highgrove Ct (Memory to cul-de-sac)
- Narrowsburg Dr (Gravenhurst to Bracebridge)
- Wilcox Dr (9341 Wilcox to Brockton)
- Current Lane (from Struble to the culdesac)
- Overdale Drive (from Greenbrook to the culdesac)
- Regal Lane (from Sovereigh to the culdesac)
- Sagemeadow Drive (from Woodsong to the culdesac)
- Twinwillow (from Hubble to the culdesac)
Colerain Township has entered into a contract with R.A Miller Co., Inc. to perform preparatory work and resurface streets in the 2020 Road Program.
We ask for your cooperation by:
- Making arrangements to get your car off the street when the temporary NO PARKING signs are posted.
- Be mindful not to let water run into the work area when watering lawns, washing cars, etc., this could disrupt the work.
- Bear with us through the added noise, dust and construction traffic.
- Restrict your number of trips through the construction site and be cautious. Delays are possible and your street may be temporarily closed at times,
- Please read below for additional information on the type of work to be done on your street. Your street will receive SOME OR ALL of the various types of preparatory work such as:
- Catch Basins - repair or reconstruct.
- Curb Repair - deteriorated sections are replaced. At your driveway, the contractor will notify you and you will be unable to use your driveway for a few days. Curbs are replaced to grade, your driveway apron and the curb may not meet evenly. Driveway aprons are the property owners to maintain. If you plan on replacing a driveway apron, sidewalk, or any other work in the “right of way”, you must obtain a permit prior to starting the work. Permit applications can be picked up at the Colerain Township Administration office at 4200 Springdale Road. A plat plan or sketch showing the proposed work with dimensions is required. There is a $15.00 processing fee that is required with the application.
- Partial Depth Repair - deteriorated areas of pavement are removed and replaced with blacktop.
- Tree Trimming - The reliability of an open safe street is threatened when tree limbs extend out over the curb and are not high enough for vehicles, including trucks and school buses, to drive safely. Trees on your street may need to be trimmed back in order to maintain safe clearances; therefore, Colerain Township will be trimming (not shaping on the street side only) trees that are between the curb and the sidewalk (within the right-of-way).
- Storm Sewer Pipe-This is the replacement of deteriorated storm sewer pipe which is located under the street.
- Curb Ramps - ramps are installed where sidewalks meet the street.
Rotomilling - your street will have grinding done in areas to prepare it to be resurfaced.
- Adjusting Manholes - manholes will be adjusted to grade.
- Resurfacing - after completion of all the preparatory work, your street will be resurfaced.
- The above work will take place over the next few months by several different crews.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and enduring the inconvenience while Colerain Township Road Crews and various contractors do their work to provide a better street.
If you have any questions, you may call Colerain Township Public Works Department at 513-245-5726 or
R.A Miller Construction 513-896-5011
To stay informed on the status of the project, access the project updates that indicate the work completed in the past two weeks and the goals for the next two weeks. As with most road projects, many of the items on the schedule for the next two weeks are weather dependent.