PROPERTY MAINTENANCE & Code Enforcement
The Planning and Zoning Department handles property-related complaints for Colerain Township, including:
- Zoning Code Violations
- Property Maintenance
- Junk Cars on Private Property
- Vacant/Abandoned Properties
- Tall Grass
- Trash in Yards
Submitting a service request online through CSR is the most effective way to report a code violation and stay up to date on progress. Service Requests should contain detailed information pertaining to the type and location of the violation on a property. If there are multiple Service Requests for a property, please complete a Service Request for each Violation as specific violations follow different action timelines (see Processes below).
Click Service Request to report a violation.
To stay updated informed on the status of a Service Request, you can do so by several different methods.
- An automated email will be generated and sent to the email provided during the completion of a Service Request for each status change. An email must be provided to receive updates.
Search by Address
- You are able to search the status of a code violation on the CSR Homepage by using property address. A Property Address search provides a general overview of violations status. Searching by reference number provides the highest level detail of violation status.
- You are able to search the status of a code violation on the CSR Homepage by using Reference Number. Every Service Request is given a unique reference number (HR19XXXXXX) which can be used to search the status of that violations. Searching by Reference Number provides the highest level of detail for code violation status.
If you do not have the Reference Number of a violation it can be obtained by searching by address of the property first and copying the Reference Number from that search and pasting the number into Reference Number Search.
If you are unsure of a Violation or have further questions, email email@example.com or call 513-385-CODE (513-385-2633).
Housing Court and Abatement are the two processes used for code violations. Each process is followed until compliance is achieved which means that all code violations have been addressed. Housing Court is a process that require
Complaints Regarding Rumpke Landfill
Air Quality complaints should be filed online at Southwest Ohio Air Quality Agency or called into the 24-hour Hotline at 513-946-7777.
Blasting complaints may be called in to Colerain Township at 937-285-6357. Blast reports are recorded and sent to the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and to Hamilton County Public Health.