On September 9, 2003, the Colerain Township Trustees passed a Junk Vehicle Resolution. This Resolution was designed to facilitate the removal of a growing number of junk vehicles parked throughout the Township on private property. This Resolution works to preserve property values and to promote the public health, safety, and morals by eliminating the detrimental effects of junk vehicles.
Junk vehicles shall not be parked outdoors. In addition, vehicles not considered to be junk vehicles must be parked on a surface paved with asphalt or concrete (Zoning Resolution 13.4.3 (C)) and must display current registration (Zoning Resolution 12.7).
Junk Motor Vehicle
A vehicle as defined in Resolution Number 42-03 is a motor vehicle, including a collector vehicle, that meets all of the following criteria:
- Apparently inoperable (see Section 3.92-1 of Resolution Number 58-03)
- Three model years old or older
- Vehicle has extensive damage, including, but not limited to any of the following:
- Body Parts
- Missing Wheels
Any motor vehicle which is unfit for use due to any of the following conditions:
- There is no license plate attached to the vehicle, or the registration displayed on the license plate attached to the vehicle is not current.
- The vehicle is unfit for travel on a roadway because of damage or missing or defective parts. This definition shall not include farm machinery other than automobiles or trucks.
Compliance is achieved by removal of the vehicle from the Township (see Appendix 1), placing the junk motor vehicle in an enclosed garage structure, immediate restoration of the vehicle so that it no longer meets the definition of a junk motor vehicle, or parking said vehicle at a permitted salvage yard within the “I” Industrial District.
Complaint Procedures/Service Requests
When completing a Service Request, please give as much information as possible. If there are multiple Service Requests for a property, please complete a Service Request for each Violation. Certain Violations follow different action timelines.
Before a Service Request is submitted, please search using the address of the property to verify that the Violation has not already been reported. All DUPLICATE entries will be removed.
Occasionally there are companies that will pick up a junk vehicle free of charge. You may contact the Colerain Township Planning and Zoning office at 513-385-7505 for a list of such companies.